Glider Cross Country Training
For glider pilots of all abilities, Glider cross country training courses are a great way of improving or sharpening your skills, knowledge and confidence.
For pilots who have completed solo training, a cross country course can show the real possibilities of gliding. Even if it may be months or years before you feel you have the ability to do a solo 300 km flight, flying in a two seat glider with an experienced instructor can provide you with many new skills and fields of knowledge.
Unless you are already a world champion, there is always someone (perhaps our own world champion) who can show you something new, or remind you of something you have forgotten. Cross country training can be undertaken in two seat gliders, or in single seat aircraft as a ‘lead and follow’ task. Lake Keepit Soaring Club is a great place for cross country training.
Apart from the obvious fact that there is a lot of country to cross around Lake Keepit, most of it being fairly flat, there are a few other good reasons for coming to LKSC.
- 7 day operations at Lake Keepit Soaring Club allows you to get very intensive training.
- All year round flying means you can come when you want.
- A good range of club two seat and single seat gliders.
- Very few airspace restrictions – so you can concentrate on flying.
- Lots of outlanding strips and paddocks.
- Consistently good weather, so you shouldn’t need to outland!
- A first class crew of excellent instructors.
If you are interested in cross country training at LKSC, please contact the club and let us know what you would like to achieve … and we’ll get back to you with some ideas.