Overseas Glider Pilots

Overseas Pilots & the Operation of Foreign Registered Gliders in Australia.

Australia welcomes overseas glider pilots and we try to make it easy for you to fly here. However, ultimately we are governed by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and there are formalities we all have to comply with.

GFA Requirements.

Regardless of whether the glider(s) concerned in any given operation are registered in Australia or a foreign country, foreign pilots operating in Australia under the auspices of the GFA must be GFA qualified; be issued with GFA pilot authorisations for the tasks contemplated; and must be members of the GFA and an affiliated club.

For more information on GFA requirements for foreign pilots go to the Gliding Federation of Australia website

For membership information for Lake Keepit Soaring Club, or advice on flying in Australia use our enquiry form